Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Holy Crepe! --ROOSTER, St. Louis, MO--

This past weekend, some girlfriends of mine and I went out for a belated "Galentine's" Day celebration. Yes - two of us are now married, and two are in relationships - but it doesn't mean that we can't take time to brunch and celebrate our friendship.

Treat Yo'Self! 

I've been to Bailey's Range many times before (please, for the love of all things good and holy, go try the buffalo chicken burger - on a gfree bun of course!) and had heard about their sister restaurant, Rooster. My favorite rumor was that they carried gluten-free crepe shells. Naturally, this was my suggestion for our Galentine's Day brunch. Thank goodness it lived up to my expectations.

I ordered the Brie #1 - a crepe filled with melty brie cheese, spiced apples and what I think were cherries. I also got a side of cherry chutney. HOLY CREPE! It was so good. Sweet. Savory. Perfect. I was unfortunately too full to try one of their sweeter options, but I cannot wait to go back and try a fresh fruit crepe with Nutella.

Rooster is definitely the perfect STL brunch spot, especially if someone in your party is g-free. You can order anything from a breakfast scramble, to french toast (not sure they carry this g-free), to sweet and savory crepes. And they serve Kaldi's coffee - yum! My only suggestion would be to take a note from PF Changs and serve gluten free options on a colored, allergy designated plate. Nothing makes my tummy happier than yummy food and peace of mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment